Learning outcomes and schedule
This module is designed for anyone who wants to learn more about research that has a human health focus.
By the end of this learning module, you should be able to:
- Describe meaningful and authentic consumer involvement in research.
- Explain how and why personal experience/expertise needs to be integrated with academic knowledge/learnt expertise approaches to research.
- Outline the steps involved in the research and how to recognise authentic consumer involvement.
- Recognise different levels of involvement that exist for consumers in research.
- Recognise skills and attributes required as a research team member.
This module consists of following 6 topics:
It is best if these are completed in order. Each topic in the module includes information to read, videos to watch, targeted questions for self-reflection and knowledge checking in the form of a short quiz. Each topic should take one hour to complete. It is recommended that you work through all of the content included in each of the topics.