Hopkins Hour Event Resources: 'New Technologies for Rehabilitation'
Thank you to everyone who joined the virtual Hopkins Hour live event on 17 September 2020 about 'New Technologies in Rehabilitation'.
Hosted by the Positive Environments and Communities Research Stream and presented by, Research Fellows Dr David Painter and Dr Camila Shirota, from The Hopkins Centre, with invited guest speaker Mr Micah Ching from G.tec Neurotechnology Hong Kong Limited.
The research event focused on virtual reality (VR) immersive 3D spatial perception simulation and how it can be applied to access and improve cognition in spatial neglect following stroke, as well as other revolutionary stroke therapies that use brain computer interfaces. We also heard from Dr Shirota about recent developments in exoskeleton technology that brings science fiction, a little closer to everyday reality.
For those who missed the live event, you can view the video recording below, along with other accessible event resources shared:
Please note - Microsoft predicts about 90% accuracy on their auto-caption service, but this will depend on your accent and your enunciation. The live event captions are not 100% accurate in translation from presenter audio to captions, but we are developing further accessible resources to improve this.
- Bold Ideas Better Solutions Symposium 2017
- Dr Dinesh Palipana on adapting new technology to personalise medicine
- ABI TRS celebrates their second anniversary of clinical service
- Meet and Mingle - research expose and virtual reality experience
- Rehabilitation has no expiry date: The Hopkins Centre Ambassador, Michelle Owen's story