BIBS21 virtual – Webinar Two - Bold ideas better solutions 2021
We are excited for you to join us for Bold ideas, better solutuions session two. The details below will provide helpful information to access the online event and learn more about the program and speakers.
Date: Wednesday 20 October 2021
Time: 11.00am - 1.00pm (AEST Brisbane Time)
Online: Zoom webinar
Click here for the program
When to join: The event will start at 11.00am sharp AEST, so please jump online 10 minutes early to get yourself set up.
Joining Instructions: To get the most out of this event, we recommend using a computer, laptop, iPad or smartphone to join the meeting by clicking on the online event link below:
This online event will be run through the zoom webinar platform. Please click on the online webinar link above and follow the prompts to join the event. You can access the event by clicking on the link and joining through your zoom app/account.
If you do not have a zoom account, you can access the webinar by following the instructions below:
Click on online zoom webinar link above or copy/paste the link into your internet browser
A pop-up box will appear trying to open your zoom account/app - press the blue 'cancel' button
Then select 'Join from Your Browser' link on the page (if this button does not appear, press the blue 'launch button', and then the 'blue cancel' button, and then it will appear)
Then follow the prompts to join the meeting, by entering your full name and then press the blue 'Join' button to join the meeting
You will then be in the zoom webinar event
Zoom event features:
We welcome everyone to post their questions in the Q&A function during the event. Please press the Q&A button on the bottom toolbar. A popup Q&A box will appear to view and post your questions to the speakers.
To enable closed captions, please press the 'CC live transcript' button on the bottom toolbar to start captions/subtitles. If you have any technical issues, please let the events support team know in the chat or email the Hopkins Centre at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistant.
Zoom’s accessibility features including keyboard shortcuts Zoom are available at: https://zoom.us/accessibility
Event recording and accessible resources: A recording of the online event will be shared following the event on our website. Copies of all presentations and Q&A responses will also be available online shortly after the event.
The annual Hopkins Centre event, ‘Bold Ideas Better Solutions 2021’ has gone virtual and will be presented as a live online seminar series, to be held on Wednesday 13 October 2021 and Wednesday 20 October 2021.
Our bold ideas and better solutions presentations and discussions this year will focus on ‘Participation with Dignity’. Each online session will feature the latest interdisciplinary research and emerging ideas informing and promoting participation and dignity in all life domains and disability and rehabilitation practices and services. The sessions will also showcase the value and importance of meaningful citizen and clinical engagement in research.
Session two, Participating with Dignity in Clinical Systems, Wednesday 20 October 2020, from 11.00am to 1.00pm AUS Eastern Time
Showcasing insights from participation with dignity in clinical systems, this session highlights perspectives on technology, accessibility, connections and community.
We are pleased to release our preliminary program, featuring medical doctor and disability advocate, Dr Dinesh Palipana OAM, research colleagues from Monash University, University of Sydney and University of Otago, and people with lived experience, addressing participation with dignity in clinical systems:
- Dr Dinesh Palipana OAM, Emergency Doctor at Gold Coast University Hospital, Griffith University Lecturer, Researcher for Biospine Project and Hopkins Centre Ambassador
- A/Professor Libby Callaway, Senior Occupational Therapist, Monash University
- A/Prof Claire Ashton-James, Pain Management Research Institute, Northern Clinical School, University of Sydney
- Dr Dan Harvie, Research Fellow, The Hopkins Centre, MHIQ, Griffith University
- Dr Camila Shirota, Advanced Queensland Fellow, The Hopkins Centre, MHIQ, Griffith University
- Soo Oh, Project Manager, The HabITec Lab
- Dr Bronwyn Lennox Thompson, Senior Lecturer in Pain Management and Musculoskeletal Medicine, University of Otago, New Zealand
- Joletta Belton, writer, researcher, advocate who lives with pain and Co-chair of IASP’s Global Alliance of Partners for Pain Advocacy
- Professor Phillip Morris, Adjunct Professor QUT & University of Queensland, Board Director Spinal Life Australia, and Advocate for people with Spinal Cord Damage
- Karime Mescouto, PhD Candidate, School of Health and Rehabilitation Sciences, The University of Queensland
Further speaker details here: https://www.hopkinscentre.edu.au/bibs2021speakers
Click here to view and download BBIBS21 program for session two
- Bold Ideas Better Solutions Symposium 2017
- Improving the ability of employers to communicate with brain injured workers
- THC Researchers take out the 'Most Innovative Idea' Award on an international stage
- Bold ideas, better solutions 2018 symposium a HUGE success!
- Celebrating International Day for People with disability